Introducing the FPSANZ Technical Committee, 2013.
The FPS Technical Committee has been formed to collaborate with the Center for Produce Safety at UC Davis to review the research proposals submitted by the Australian research community.
The objective of the research is to provide the produce industry with practical, translatable research data that can be used at all levels throughout the supply chain and the FPS Technical Committee is well equipped to review the submissions.
The research proposals will address two major research priorities, which were identified at the industry Fresh Produce Safety Forum in November 2012: Compost, Soil Amendment Fertiliser Use, and Cultivation Practices; and Agricultural Water.
The 2013 FPS Technical Committee includes:
- (Chair) Professor Les Copeland, Professor of Agriculture,Faculty of Agriculture and Environment University of Sydney (NSW)
- Dr Andreas Klieber, Agriculture Policy Manager, Coles-Wesfarmers (Vic)
- Dr David Miles, Senior Technical Officer, NSW Food Authority (NSW)
- Mr Scott Ledger, Senior Horticulturist (Postharvest), Hort VC Group (Qld)
- Mr Richard Bennett, Product Integrity Manager, Horticulture Australia Limited (HAL) (Vic)
- Mrs Allison Clark, General Manager for Marketing, Houston’s Farm (Tas).
For more details on the Committee, please download their profiles.