Food Safety Hub at PMA Fresh Connections, 2013
Fresh Produce Safety Australia and New Zealand (FPS A&NZ) are proud to be hosting the first Food Safety Hub along with several key organisations, at PMA Fresh Connections Conference and Trade Show in Sydney this year. The Food Safety Hub will be one-stop-shop providing information for delegates wanting to know more about food safety for fresh produce.
“The Food Safety Hub aims to raise awareness of food safety and traceability among all stakeholders of the Australian and New Zealand fresh produce industry.” said Michael Worthington, CEO PMA A-NZ.
He went on to say ” This collaborative effort demonstrates a commitment to food safety and highlights how important food safety and traceability are for all businesses in the fresh produce supply chain”.
FPS A&NZ are excited to announce that along with FPS A&NZ representatives, several key organisations will be contributing to the success of the Food Safety Hub including:
- AUSQUAL Pty Ltd. – A certification body accredited by JAS-ANZ, providing quality management and food safety (HACCP) management systems.
- Freshcare – Australia’s on farm assurance program offering training, implementation, certification and support programs.
- GS1 Australia – Administers the global GS1 System of supply chain standards in Australia across 22 industry sectors, including the launch of the new GS1 GoScan iPhone App providing consumers with authorised and trusted food product information, and the new GS1DataBar to improve management of fresh foods.
- NCS International – Offering businesses certification, risk management, business improvement and assurance.
- SAI Global – Providing information services and solutions for managing risk, achieving compliance and driving business improvement.
- SGS Australia – A global company, provide industry leading inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
- TQA Australia – Key management consultants to agribusiness in Australia, providing advice in a range of disciplines including food safety and quality assurance, environmental assurance, occupational health and safety, strategic planning and professional development.
FPS A&NZ will provide you with:
- access to research in fresh produce safety,
- allow you to identify food safety research priorities and
- updates on the aims of the initiative of a collaborative paradigm to fresh produce safety.
“Fresh produce safety and traceability applies to all aspects of the supply chain in the fruit and vegetable industry, including growers, packers, processors, wholesalers, fresh produce retailers and distributors, ” said Robyn McConchie, University of Sydney, “all of which have a responsibility to supply consumers with food that is healthy and safe.”