Confused by the chemical jargon? Don’t understand the registration process?

Agricultural chemicals, whether they be for conventional production systems, organic production systems or both, must be registered by the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) before they can be legally supplied, sold or used in Australia.

This APVMA Fact Sheet explains what a Maximum Residue Limit is, what it means and how it is determined. It also explains what happens after a chemical is registered for use.

To read the Fact Sheet, please click here.