Sydney Markets Professional Development Event: Fresh Produce Testing for Food Safety
The Fresh Produce Safety Centre is running a professional development event to improve understanding and utilisation of fresh produce testing for food safety.
|Event:||Fresh Produce Testing for Food Safety|
|Date:||Tuesday 1 March 2016|
|Time:||10:00 am – 2:30 pm|
|Place:||Sydney Markets Plaza Conference Room|
|Cost:||$165 including GST|
|RSVP:||Register online by 24 Feb 2016|
|For:||QA managers in fresh produce businesses, testing service providers, auditors/Certification Bodies, product technologists, trainers/consultants, food regulation managers, food safety system owner representatives, students/academics, etc|
The Fresh Produce Safety Centre (FPSC) identified through industry consultation that there are knowledge gaps and a degree of confusion surrounding testing for microbial and chemical contaminants in fresh produce QA systems. The FPSC is conducting this Professional Development Event (PDE) as part of the Centre’s education and outreach program. The focus of this event is on best practice risk-based chemical and microbial testing, and using testing for verification and audit compliance.
- Understanding the purpose of testing and contribution to food safety risk analysis
- Identification of key microbial and chemical testing requirements
- Designing a testing program relevant to produce types and supplier systems
- Interpretation of test results and the corrective actions potentially required
- Tools to help assess and determine food safety risk and tailoring testing to the analysis, including the Guidelines for Fresh Produce Food Safety
Activities of the Fresh Produce Safety Centre Australia & New Zealand are made possible by a wide range of industry and government supporters. Please contact the FPSC for further information.