ABC News: Shoppers who have purchased fresh food from a Foodworks in Yarram, in eastern Victoria, have been told to throw it out after deli worker was diagnosed with hepatitis A. Victorian chief health officer Charles Guest said deli items and fresh fruit and vegetables should be discarded.

“Anyone who has bought ready-to-eat foods from the supermarket, particularly cold meats, smallgoods and pre-prepared salads from the delicatessen, should be aware of the signs and symptoms of hepatitis A,” Professor Guest said. “Between the 25th of April and the 9th of June, it’s possible that food prepared at Foodworks in Yarram was contaminated by somebody who turns out to have had hepatitis A.” Yarram Foodworks store manager Dave Bansal said the staff member had been to India recently.

Read the full article at the ABC News website