AU: Register now for Melbourne Markets Professional Development Event: Fresh Produce Testing for Food Safety
|Event:||Fresh Produce Testing for Food Safety|
|Date:||Wednesday 12 October 2016|
|Time:||10:00 am – 2:30 pm|
|Place:||Melbourne Markets Conference Centre|
|Cost:||$165 including GST|
|For:||QA managers in fresh produce businesses, testing service providers, auditors/Certification Bodies, product technologists, trainers/consultants, food regulation managers, food safety system owner representatives, students/academics, etc|
- Dr Robert Premier, Microbiologist, Global F.S. Pty Ltd
- Brendan Hayes, Produce Technologist, Coles
- Joseph Ekman, Technical Director, Fresh Produce Group
- Dr Craig Miller, General Manager – Operations, Dairy Food Safety Victoria
- Jane Lovell, Director, Technical, Scientific and Auditing Services, Mérieux NutriSciences Australia
The Fresh Produce Safety Centre (FPSC) identified through industry consultation that there are knowledge gaps and a degree of confusion surrounding testing for microbial and chemical contaminants in fresh produce QA systems. The FPSC is conducting this Professional Development Event (PDE) as part of the Centre’s education and outreach program. The focus of this event is on best practice risk-based chemical and microbial testing, and using testing for verification and audit compliance.
- Understanding the purpose of testing and contribution to food safety risk analysis
- Identification of key microbial and chemical testing requirements
- Designing a testing program relevant to produce types and supplier systems
- Interpretation of test results and the corrective actions potentially required
- Tools to help assess and determine food safety risk and tailoring testing to the analysis, including the Guidelines for Fresh Produce Food Safety
Activities of the Fresh Produce Safety Centre Australia & New Zealand are made possible by a wide range of industry and government supporters. Please contact the FPSC for further information.
*Program and speakers subject to change.