Skip to content

AU: Deadly deathcap mushrooms – warning not to pick or eat wild mushrooms

Photo: Mikael F / Flickr (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)

Food Safety Information Centre: The Food Safety Information Council today warned people not to pick or eat wild mushrooms as deadly deathcap mushrooms start to appear in southern and western regions of Australia. Rachelle Williams, Council Chair, said that the poison in one deathcap mushroom, if eaten, is enough to kill a healthy adult.

Read the full article at Food Safety Information Centre