Conference theme & program announced!
Today the Fresh Produce Safety Centre Australia and New Zealand has announced the theme and confirmed speakers for the fifth annual Fresh Produce Safety Conference.
Theme: Food Safety – It’s Your Responsibility
Venue: University of Sydney Veterinary Science Conference Centre (New venue!)
Date: Wednesday 26 September 2018
Keynote address: International developments in food safety
- Suresh DeCosta, Director of Food Safety, Lipman Family Farms, (Illinois USA) and Technical Committee, Center for Produce Safety (US).
Listeria outbreaks: are we any the wiser?
- Dr Robert Premier, Microbiologist, Global FS Pty Ltd/PMFresh
Why is Listeria such as issue for fresh produce?
- Dr Craig Shadbolt, Manager, Food Incident Response, NSW Department of Primary Industries,
Listeria case studies provide solid clues for prevention
Is food safety training hitting the mark?
- Brendan Hayes, Product Technologist, Coles. A retailer’s perspective
- Andrew Shaw, AUSVEG. The growers’ perspective
- Dr Mark Bradbury, University of Sydney
- Dr Hayriye Bozkurt Cekmer, University of Sydney, Quantitative Microbial Risk Assessment for E. Coli and Listeria in Leafy Vegetables: From farm to consumption in Australia.
- Professor Robyn McConchie, University of Sydney
Recall, your call.
- Steve Hather, Director, The Recall Institute
Can your business survive a recall?
Export Markets: is A-NZ food safety reputation at risk?
- Speaker TBC
Register now and take advantage of earlybird rates – only available until 16 August!