Fresh Produce Safety Conference 2018
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
The University of Sydney, Australia
Theme: Food Safety – It’s Your Responsibility
Register now for the fifth annual conference of the Fresh Produce Safety Centre Australia and New Zealand, to be held at the University of Sydney, Australia.
Keynote address: International developments in food safety
- Suresh DeCosta, Director of Food Safety, Lipman Family Farms, (Illinois USA) and Technical Committee, Center for Produce Safety (US).
Listeria outbreaks: are we any the wiser?
- Dr Robert Premier, Microbiologist, Global FS Pty Ltd/PMFresh
Why is Listeria such as issue for fresh produce?
- Dr Craig Shadbolt, NSW Food Authority
Listeria case studies provide solid clues for prevention
Is food safety training hitting the mark?
- Brendan Hayes, Product Technologist, Coles. A retailer’s perspective
- Andrew Shaw, AUSVEG. The growers’ perspective
Managing your microbial testing program
- Joe Ekman, Technical Director, Fresh Produce Group, and Kashif Ahmed, National Microbiology Manager, Symbio Laboratories
- From risk assessment to final results: Does the test reflect the risk, what happens in the lab, interpreting test results and what do I do next?
- Dr Mark Bradbury, University of Sydney, Managing resistance and cross-adaptation to sanitisers, fungicides and other antimicrobial agents.
- Dr Hayriye Bozkurt Cekmer, University of Sydney, Quantitative Microbial Risk Assessment for E. Coli and Listeria in Leafy Vegetables: From farm to consumption in Australia.
- Professor Robyn McConchie, University of Sydney
Recall, your call.
- Steve Hather, Director, The Recall Institute
Can your business survive a recall?
Export Markets: is A-NZ food safety reputation at risk?
- Ruth McLennan, Fresh Produce and Bakery, Dairy Farm [via video link]
Register now and take advantage of earlybird rates – only available until Friday 17 August!
With thanks to the industry organisations which support our conference fund. Please get in touch if your organisation would like to exhibit at the event or sponsor a session.