2014 Fresh Produce Safety Conference
Accelerating Australian & New Zealand Food Safety Research
11 August 2014
Presented by Fresh Produce Safety Centre Limited
Date: 11 August 2014
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Foyer, Sydney Law School (Camperdown)
New Law School Building
Eastern Avenue, Camperdown Campus
The University of Sydney NSW 2006 Australia
DISCOVER examples of food safety R&D and outreach that will assist the fresh produce sector.
CONTRIBUTE to discussion on what additional R&D and outreach is needed across the industry.
NETWORK with over 100 people involved in the fresh produce industry and food safety research in Australia, New Zealand and internationally.
CELEBRATE the launch of the newly-established Fresh Produce Safety Centre (FPSC), hosted at the University of Sydney.
- Keynote address: Timothy York, (Markon USA)
- International research: Dr Bob Whitaker (Center for Produce Safety USA & Produce Marketing Association)
- The current state of food safety research in Australia and New Zealand: Dr Mike Butcher (Pipfruit NZ) / Prof Martin Cole (CSIRO) / Richard Bennett (FPSC) / Joseph Ekman (Fresh Produce Group) / session chaired by Belinda Hazell (Optimum Standard)
- Case studies: A Prof Robyn McConchie (University of Sydney) / Dr P J Cullen (UNSW) session chaired by Catherine Richardson (Zespri International)
- Consumer coalface: Ed Palmer (Coles Supermarkets)
Links and downloads
Establishment of the Fresh Produce Safety Centre has been funded by a HAL project using voluntary contributions from industry and matched funds from the Australian Government.
The FPSC would also like to acknowledge the support of NSW Trade and Investment for the Fresh Produce Safety Conference: Accelerating Australian & NZ Food Safety Research.
The Fresh Produce Safety Centre (FPSC) thanks our founding supporters who pledged funding to the Centre, established through funding from HAL.
Cover photo by USDA & Lance Cheunge, Some Rights Reserved (CC BY 2.0) https://flic.kr/p/fa9ZzM